Friday 11 July 2014

Man Wins £2,500 After Betting On Germany To Beat Brazil 7-1 In World Cup

One lucky punter was celebrating yesterday after winning £2,500 by predicting Germany would thrash Brazil 7-1. John Moore, 28, an unemployed chef from Woodford, east London, won the bet after placing a fiver on the incredible game.

Mr Moore said last night: "I was shocked that I actually put a fiver on it to be fair.
"It was a bit of a mad one. You could call it a premonition or a sign. I was just seeing 17 everywhere. I looked at the clock and it was 17:17."I had a package come and they left it at the gatehouse and a letter came through the door and it had number 17 on it. It was one of them days.

"We live in a block of flats and someone had put a note through the door saying we had a package to collect from the front desk - but they had put number 71 on the slip, not our flat number.
‘I like putting bets on big scores and this whole tournament I have been trying for 4-2s and 3-2s but I never thought the one I’d get would be Germany 7 - Brazil 1.

‘But when I saw the odds of 500-1 I thought “why not?”. I knew Brazil didn’t have Diego Costa and Neymar was out - I thought it was worth a punt.
"I also thought that Mertersacker and Gustavo had number 17 on their backs, so I had a fiver and I thought I’d have Germany 7-1.

"I didn’t do it the other way because I didn’t think they had it in them. "When asked what he was planning to do with his winnings, he said he was planning on concentrating on a street food business as well as buying some DJ equipment. "My luck’s in at the moment."

Paddy Power, who took John’s bet, said three others had correctly predicted the shock result.
Online gambling website Betfair revealed three English punters had correctly predicted the score and had walked off with a total haul of almost £6,500 form just £6.50 worth of bets.

Spokesman Barry Orr said: “The guys I feel sorry for are the punters who had £31 at 999-1 on 7-0 Germany.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

ZOE HUMANITARIAN SIGNS MAMA ZIMBI AND DONATES TO YILO KROBO AND BLIND SCHOOLS

Zoe Humanitarian Projects, a non profit organisation was established with the aim of empowering children and the youth as a whole with g...