Sunday 10 June 2012

lauren hill responds to tax evasion charges

konkonsa!!!
lauren hill
US singer-songwriter Lauryn Hill has responded to her recent income tax returns charge by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

In an internet post of Friday, June 8, 2012, the troubled singer said she hasn’t ‘paid taxes since she withdrew from society to guarantee the safety and well-being of herself and her family’.

Federal prosecutors said she didn’t pay taxes on more than $1.5 million earned in 2005, 2006 and 2007 from recording and film royalties.


Hill responded to the federal charges in a lengthy post on her Tumblr page Friday. She described how she has rejected pop culture’s ‘climate of hostility, false entitlement, manipulation, racial prejudice, sexism and ageism’.

Over-commercialization and its resulting restrictions and limitations can be very damaging and distorting to the inherent nature of the individual’, Hill wrote. “I did not deliberately abandon my fans, nor did I deliberately abandon any responsibilities, but I did however put my safety, health and freedom and the freedom, safety and health of my family first over all other material concerns! I also embraced my right to resist a system intentionally opposing my right to whole and integral survival’, Hill wrote on her Tumblr page.

My intention has always been to get this situation rectified. When I was working consistently without being affected by the interferences mentioned above, I filed and paid my taxes’, she wrote. ‘This only stopped when it was necessary to withdraw from society, in order to guarantee the safety and well-being of myself and my family’.

Hill, an eight-time Grammy Award winner has six children; five of whom are with Rohan Marley, one of reggae musician Bob Marley’s sons

No comments:

Post a Comment

ZOE HUMANITARIAN SIGNS MAMA ZIMBI AND DONATES TO YILO KROBO AND BLIND SCHOOLS

Zoe Humanitarian Projects, a non profit organisation was established with the aim of empowering children and the youth as a whole with g...